OUR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
This entails the determination of the value or worth of an interest in assets whilst taking cognizance of prevailing economic indicators and its impact on the sector. Assets can be land, buildings, items of plant and machinery, furniture, fittings and equipment, motor vehicles and other chattels. Valuation exercise could be for different purposes namely; Mortgage, Insurance, Disposal, Acquisition, Foreclosure, Auctioneering, Tenement Rating, Merger Bids, Balance Sheet and determination of replacement costs of items in the face of dwindling value of the Naira.
Prominent among our professional services to our teaming client includes representing them in various capacities and purposes. These could be classed under Estate Agency services as follows:
- Seeking properties for needy clients: residential and office accommodations; warehouses; factories; shops and potential development sites as the case may be.
- Merchandising new developments for letting on our client’s behalf. These involve paying particular attention to optimum income yielding factors such as differing capacity of tenants to pay rent.
- Negotiating reasonable rental or purchase price of properties
Effective networking and marketing of land, buildings, chattels and other such assets on behalf of clients for outright disposal.
- Providing advisory services on the appropriate market pricing for the asset
- Initiating negotiation process aimed at achieving client’s optimal return
- Working with legal practitioners in pre-verification of title to avoid scams and encumbrances in title to interests being offered.
- Negotiation and purchase of interests in land and landed properties, chattels and other such assets on behalf of clients
- Providing advisory services on appropriate pricing for the asset
- Initiating negotiation process aimed at achieving favorable price
- Working with legal practitioners to ensure transfer of unencumbered title.
Our major professional services in this regard could be summarized in the following:
- Selection of good tenants who are willing and likely to meet the desired terms of lease.
- Negotiation of terms and conditions of lease with tenants
- Liaising with clients` solicitors in advising on the appropriate Landlord/Tenant relationship via Lease Agreements.
- Periodic collection of rents and rendering of same to clients.
- Periodic inspection of the premises to ensure good use of the property.
- Dealing with breaches in the lease agreements on behalf of the landlord.
- Dealing with matters requiring landlord’s attention such as repairs, maintenance, mild conflicts resolution and coordination.
- Arrangement of renewal, extension and surrender of leases.
- Keeping proper records and accounts including capital and revenue account budget.
PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT / PROJECT MANAGEMENT
This involves the technical and administrative co-ordination of construction activities on building sites. Our goal is to ensure quality of work and timely delivery within the client’s budget. We therefore manage/supervise stage disbursements of funds and co-ordinate the hand-over of completed buildings in line with the target completion dates.
In summary, we do the following:
- Team coordinationAdvise prospective client on the
INVESTMENT ANALYSIS / FEASIBILITY AND VIABILTY APPRAISAL
This involves the technical understudy of the investment climate and the various economic indices surrounding a proposed line of investment with a view to forecasting expected returns and advising the client on all options available on the proposed investment.
In summary, we do the following:
- Advise clients on suitable sites for intended projects.
- Advise clients on choice of development to attain highest and best use of resource.
- Advise on investment returns based on economic indices.
This involves the management of common facilities enjoyed by all the occupiers of the property which ordinarily would not be the responsibility of any single tenant and without which the property would be run down. Such services as cleaning and lighting of common areas; lift operation and maintenance; provision and maintenance of the electric generating set; maintenance of security in the property; waste collection and disposal; fire prevention and firefighting equipment; sewerage treatment plant maintenance etc, come within the purview of common service provision. These are outside the responsibilities of the landlord, but if not done will affect the property and invariably the landlord’s stream of income.
These services are carried out from a pool account funded by occupants of the given building referred to as service charge account, made up of yearly payments by the tenants.